Professor Lucy Rogers (PhD) is an inventor with a sense of fun. She is a Royal Academy of Engineers visiting Professor of Engineering: Creativity and Communication at Brunel University, London, a Fellow of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers and she is adept at bringing ideas to life, from robot dinosaurs to mini-mannequins and even a "fartometer" for IBM! Chris had the pleasure of meeting Lucy at an improve intensive weekend with The Maydays and just knew we had to get her on the podcast.
Lucy has turned her hand to a plethora of things in her personal and professional life and virtually all of them have some form of creativity in them. It was really interesting to talk to her about her experience at the intensive weekend and the more recent release of Season 3 of The Design Spark podcast that she does with Bec Hill and Harriet Briane. We touch on the closure of the Guild of Makers, what the community does to have such a presence on Twitter, what environment she needs to help learn, failing in public and much much more.
Lucy Rogers Links
- Website - https://lucyrogers.com/
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/DrLucyRogers
- Design Spark Podcast - http://www.designspark.podbean.com/
- Engineering Edge Podcast - http://www.theengineeringedge.podbean.com/
- Guild Of Makers on Twitter - https://twitter.com/GuildOfMakers
We encourage you to send us your drawings and get in touch which you can do via our website or e-mail. You can get in touch and find all of the drawings on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram. We also accept donations via Ko-Fi
- Intro/Outro Music: Worm War by Podington Bear - CC BY-NC 3.0
- Interstitial Music: Random effect by 4bstr4ck3r - CC BY-NC 4.0
- Outro Music: Elephants On Parade by Podington Bear - CC BY-NC